The mission of the Education department is to enable education leaders throughout the region to pursue the church’s educational vision of developing each school’s ability to restore God’s image in its students.
The activities of the department focus on achieving five key goals:
- Ethos – to ensure all schools exhibit an obvious Adventist ethos which includes a strong spiritual tone and a nurturing learning environment
- People – to develop supportive and cooperative relationships amongst all levels of Adventist education and other departments of the church
- Curriculum – to ensure that there is a well-resourced and balanced curriculum that is professionally delivered and meets the students’ learning needs both now and in the future
- Financial Resources – to develop strategies that will adequately fund the strategic direction taken by the department
- System – to develop a high quality system of education that facilitates the church’s educational vision.
Primary and Secondary Education
The Seventh-day Adventist Church operates more than 5,800 schools worldwide with a total enrolment of more than 1 million students, offering education that is based on Christian values and principles.
Adventist education is built on the belief that each student is unique and of immeasurable value. It values the importance of systematic development of the whole person. Students are taught to accept the concept of service as a principle of life; to be sensitive to the needs of others; and to become contributing members in their home, their church, and society.
Here in South Australia we operate one system consisting of two primary schools and two secondary schools. Our Prescott Primary schools are located north (Prescott Primary Northern at Para Vista) and south of the CBD (Prescott College Southern at Morphett Vale). Our secondary schools, Prescott College Central and Prescott College Southern, are located at Prospect and at Morphett Vale.
For further information, please visit the website at www.prescott.sa.edu.au
We also have Avondale College of Higher Education that operates two campuses in NSW at Lake Macquarie and Wahroonga. For further information please visit the website at www.avondale edu.au